In today’s business climate, careful planning is the name of the game. If you want to guard your bottom line and boost your positioning in the marketplace, you’ll need to understand and be prepared for concepts like legal liabilities, how to reduce your taxes, and all of your relevant insurance costs. Poor planning can cost you money and clients, or land you in legal jeopardy. The smart move is to have a knowledgeable, experienced corporate lawyer focused on protecting your interests.
The bottom line is, the role of a corporate attorney should ultimately be to save you money. With careful legal representation, you’ll have more money freed up to reinvest in your company, expand your interests, and plan for the future. At MAI Law Firm, we understand that the goals of your business are to grow and attain success. We help to make that happen by offering effective and ethical legal solutions in South Florida.
We’re proud to represent our clients in a wide variety of legal matters, including:
- Business organization: If you’re forming a new company, it’s critically important to partner with experienced legal counsel. We’ll provide detailed guidance to help you set up your business correctly and avoid any costly delays or legal issues.
- Small business counsel: As of 2014, small businesses employed 3.2 million people in Florida or 42.8% of our workforce. Those numbers continue to rise, and we believe small businesses should have access to the same high-quality legal services that are utilized by large companies. We’re proud to work with entrepreneurs and help them to start up new ventures or continue their ongoing operations.
- Business transactions: When a business is bought or sold, certain steps must be taken to not only follow the letter of the law but to ensure that the transaction will be a success. Our knowledgeable counselors are experienced in the due diligence, valuation, negotiation, and contract details that are all a part of a purchase or sale.
- Non-compete agreements: These legal documents exist to protect trade secrets, secure customer relations and balance out interests between employees and employers. However, each issue is profoundly unique, which is why a boilerplate approach is doomed to fail. We can help you explore all of your options and properly protect your rights.
We also provide guidance in business law areas such as:
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Zoning and land use requirements
- Commercial leasing
- Intellectual property rights
- Trademark law
- Contract negotiations
- Partnership agreements
- C corporations
- S corporations
- Limited-liability companies
Furthermore, we assist our clients by negotiating mergers and acquisitions, tax-free mergers, and reorganization of corporate entities, as well as spinning-off or structuring the divisions of an existing entity into two or more completely new entities.
MAI Law Firm has worked with numerous existing companies throughout South Florida and with entrepreneurs preparing to launch their newest ventures. We also continue representation with our clients and offer advice regarding business issues that will inevitably arise; such as licensing and regulatory issues, taxes, securities, and employment matters.
We’ve been practicing law for over three decades, and a large part of our longevity is due to a genuine commitment toward our clients. Time is money, and we recognize that when you have questions or concerns, you need them resolved quickly. Communication is a priority for us, and we make it convenient for you to reach us.